Soal dan Pembahasan Ujian Nasional stmikganeshasolusi.wordpress.com soal-un-stmikganesha.blogspot.com SEKOLAH TINGGI MANAJEMEN INFORMATIKA DAN KOMPUTER (STMIK) GANESHA Jl. Kiaracondong 416 Bandung telp 022-7333317/7337178
UJIAN NASIONAL SMA/MA TAHUNPELAJARAN 2007/2008 Mata Pelajaran Program Studi Hari/Tanggal Jam
: BAHASA INGGRIS (D4) : IPA/IPS/BAHASA/KEAGAMAAN : Rabu, 23 April 2008 : 08.00-10.00
Listening Section In this section of the test, you will have the chance to show how well you understand spoken English.. There are three parts to this section with special directions for each part. Parti Question: 1 to 5 Directions: In this part of the test, you will hear some dialogues or questions spoken in English. The dialogues or questions will be spoken two times. They will not be printed in your test book, so you must listen carfully to understand what the speakers say. After you hear a dialogue and the question, about it, read the five possible answers and decide which one would be the best answer to the question you have heard. Now listen to a sample question. You will hear: Man : How about exercising tomorrow morning? Woman : Alright. Pick me up at six. You'11 also hear : Narrator : What will the man do? You wil read in your test book: A. Do exercise at 6. B. Go with Six women C. Take exercise alone. D. Leave the woman alone. E Come to the woman's house. The best answer to the question is "Come to the woman's house" Therefore, you should choose answer (E). 1. A. She cut herself quite badly. B. She wasn't given any help. C. She cried while slicing onions. D. She sliced the onions hurriedly. E. She was going to make fried rice. 2. A. Do his assignment. D. Offer the woman at B. See a book fair. E Go to the woman's hou C. Buy a history book.
3. A. To buy a novel. B. To read a novel. C. To lend a novel. 4. A.. 1 B. 2 C. 3 D. 4 E. 5
D. To go to a bookstore. E To finish reading a now
5. A.. 1 B. 2 C. 3 D. 4 E. 5 Part II Questions:'6-10 Directions: In this part of the test you will hear a statement or a questto spoken in English, followed by four responses, also spok in English. The statement or question and the responses will be spoken two times, They will not be printed in your ok, so you must listen carfully to understand what kers say. You have to choose the best response to each statement or question. now listen to a sample question: you will hear : Woman : Good morning, John. How are you? Man : …….. You will also hear: A. lam fine, thank you. B. lam in the living room. C. let me introduce myself. D. my name is John Travolta. The best answer to the question "How are you?" is choice (A),”l am fine, thank you.” There for, you should choose answer (A). 6. Mark your answer on you answer sheet. 7. Mark your answer on you answer sheet. 8. Mark your answer on you answer sheet. 9. Mark your answer on you answer sheet. 10 Mark your answer on you answer sheet. Part III Question : 11-15 Direction In this part of the test, youwil hear saveral monlogues. Each monologgues will be spoken two times. The will not be printed in your test book, so you must listen carefullyto undrestand what the speakers say. After you hear a monologues and the question about, read the five posible answer and dicide wich one would be the best answer to the questions you have heard. 11. A. Goose hunting. B. An unfaithful dog.
C. An unusual accident. D. A mathematics teacher. E. Cambers County Policeman. |12. A. Arthur. D. Perry Price. B. Houston E. JoeLaRive. C. Labrador 13. A. It lies on high land. B. It is densely populated. C. It lies on a flat low plain area. D. The climate is hot and humid. E. It is at the mouth of the Ciliwung River. 14. A. James's pet dog. B. Muggs's characteristics. C. Muggs's strange behavior. D. The night when Muggs died. E. Browny, the Cocker Spaniel. 15. A. Andre. C. James. E George. B. Muggs. D. Browny. This is the end of the listening section. The text is for questions 16 to 19. The Three Sheiks and Queen of Arabia Maura, who liked to be thought of as the most beautiful and powerful queen of Arabia, had many suitors. One by one she discarded them, until her list was reduced to just three sheiks, all equally young and handsome, rich and strong. It was very hard to decide who would be the best of them. One evening, Maura disguised herself and went to the camp of the three sheiks, as they were about to have dinner, and asked them for something to eat. The first gave her some left over food the second gave her some unappetizing camel's tail; the third sheik, who was called Hakim, offered her some of the most tender and tasty meat. After dinner, the disguised queen left the sheiks' camp. The following day the queen invited the three sheiks to dinner at her palace. She ordered her servant to give each one exactly what they had given her the evening before. Hakim, who received a plate of delicious meat, refused to eat it if the other two could not share it with him, and this act finally convinced Queen Maura that he was the man for her. "Without question, Hakim is the most generous of you," she announced her choice to the sheiks. "So it is Hakim I will marry." 16. The three sheiks were not.... A. rich C. strong E handsome B. young D. gloomy 17. Which statement is TRUE about the queen? A. The queen was the most powerful queen in Africa. B. The queen was very proud of her beauty and riches. C. The queen herself served the sheiks with delicious food. D. The queen was very careful in deciding whom she would mary. ; E The queen was very satisfied with the food given by the sheiks. 18. The Queen ordered her servants to give the sheiks the same kind of food she got from them the evening before because .... A. she wanted to entertain her guests B. she wanted to test the sheiks's taste C. she wanted to see the sheiks's reactions
D. she wanted to make a joke of the sheiks E she wanted to repay the sheiks' kindness 19. The main idea of paragraph six is .... A. Hakim was an unselfish person. B. Hakim was served with succulent meat. C. Hakim was satisfied with the food served. D. Hakim wanted to share the food with the sheiks. E Hakim had made the queen find the resolution of her problem, The text is for questions 20 to 23. Some of the world's finest roads make use of bodies of water. They are called canals. Canals are man made waterways. They are usually straight and narrow. But they are filled with water. They connect rivers and lakes, oceans and lakes, rivers and rivers, and oceans and oceans so that boats and
ships can go from one to the other. Most canals are used for transportation. Barges, boats, and ships carry goods over canals. Some are used to irrigate land or to carry sewage from large cities. Canals also reduce the cost of shipping goods and offer travel short cuts. Canals even go over hills and mountains. But you know that water can't flow up a hill; so how can the water and boats in a canal go up a hill? Something called a lock is used. It is a giant tank. The tank is big enough to hold a long boat. The boat floats into the tank, an the doors behind it are closed to lock the boat in there. Then more water is let into the tank. When the tank is full of water, the tank door in front of the boat is opened and the boat floats out. The boat floats higher and higher as the water rises. It floats either out into a higher part of the canal or into another tank or lock, which will lift it still higher. To go down the hill on the other side, the boat enters a lock that is full of water. As the water is let out of the lock, the boat will float lower and lower. So locks make it possible for boats or ships to move from one water level to another. .20. The text is about.... A. roads
C. water transportation
E straight and narrow roads
B. waterways D. world's finest canals 21. Why do people build canals? A. To lift boats. D. To hold a giant tank. B. To rise water. E . To connect rivers, lakes, and oceans. C. To store sewage. 22. According to the text the canals join together the following EXCEPT.... A. rives and lakes B. oceans and lakes C. rivers and rivers D. rivers and oceans E. oceans and oceans 23. "They are straight and narrow like some roads." (paragraph 2) The antonym of the underlined word is .... A. flat C. bumpy E windin B. rough D. indirect
This text is for questions 24 and 25 ANNOUNCEMENT Pay Attention! Our school will have a Debate Competition • Participants: All students in our school • It will beheld from !Oth-12thAugust2008 • Prizes: I Rp 2.000.000,II Rp 1.500.000,ffl Rp 1.000.000,Pleasejoinus!
24. What is the announcement about? A. A school debate.
C. A debate competition.
E Participants of the debate.
B. A school competition. D. Extracurricular activities. 25. According to the text the competition .... A. is only for students with good English. B. is in the form of spoken arguments. C. is in the form of written arguments. D. will be held after school hours. E wll run for two days. This text is for questions 26 to 28. Mangrove Trees A mangrove is a tropical marine tree or shrub off genus Rhizhopora. Mangroves have special aerial roots! salt-filtering tap roots that enable them to thrive in I water (brackish water is salty, but not as salty as sea \ There are several species of mangrove trees found I over the world. Some prefer more salinity, while others 1 to be very close to a large fresh water source (such as^ river). Some prefer areas that are sheltered from waves. I species have their roots covered with sea water eve during high tide. Other species grow on dry land, but i still part of the ecosystem. Mangroves need to keep their trunk and leaves; the surface of the water. Yet they also need to be attached to the ground so they are not moved by wav«H There are three types of mangrove roots that play an imp tantrole for it: 1. support roots which directly pierce the soil. 2. level-growing roots which twist upwards anil downwards, with the upward twists emerging on thef water surface. 3. level-growing roots whose downward twist (sub-roots)1 appear on the water surface. ' part of a root that appears above the water flows ;en to the plant under water surface. As the soil begins uild up, these roots produce additional roots that be-5 embedded in the soil. The main idea of the text is.... A. Mangroves grow on dry land B. Mangroves are tropical marine trees C. There are many species of mangroves
D. Mangrove roots filter the salt of the sea-water E Mangrove roots are attached firmly to the ground We can conclude that most mangrove trees .... A. need salt to grow. B. grow on dry land. C. grow on sheltered areas. D. get oxygen from the water. E grow near fresh water sources. In order to grow well mangroves require the following, EXCEPT.... A. The roots twist upwards and downwards. B. The trunk should be above the water surface. C. The leaves should be above the water surface. D The trees should be firmly attached to the ground. E The parts of the plant under the water should have enough salt. e text is for questions 29 to 32 Is it important to know what your kids are watching? Of se yes. Television can expose things you have tried to t them from, especially violence, pornography, conrism, etc. A study demonstrated that spending too much time on thing TV during the day or at bedtime often causes bed-: disruption, stress, and short of sleep duration. Another research found that there is a significant relahip between the amount of time spent for watching vision during adolescence and early adulthood, and the isibility of being aggresive. Meanwhile, many studies have identified a relationship veen kids who watch TV a lot and being inactive and erweight. Considering some facts mentioned above, protect your hildren with the following tips: Limit television viewing to 1-2 hours each day. Do not allow your children to have a TV set in their bedrooms. Review the rating of TV shows that your children watch. Watch television with your children and discuss what is happening in the show. What is the text about? A. The programs shown on TV. B. Watching TV is disadvantageous. C. The efects of watching television on kids. D. Reviewing the ratings of TV shows is important. E The importance of knowing the program watched by our children. . |30. The following are the effects of watching TV a lot EXCEPT.... A stress D. bedtime disruption B. being active E shorten sleep duration C. being aggresive 31. Which of the following statements is TRUE according to the text? A. All TV programs are good for children. B. Children know what programs to watch. C. It is good for a kid to watch TV all day long. D. It is very important for children to have a TV set in their bedrooms. E Spending too much time for watching TV may cause kids inactive. 32. It is hard for a child to sleep because.... A. the parents review TV's program B. the parents limit the time to watch TV
C. the kid watches TV with his/her parents D. the kid watches to much TV at bedtime E. the kid discusses the program with his/her parents The text is for questions 33 and 34 We, a mining consultant company, are lookign or.... A SENIOR SECRETARY • Female, graduated from a reputable university • Min. 5 years of work experience • Good command of English (oral & written) • Computer literate (min. Word, Excel, Intenet) Please submit your complete application, resume & recent photograph not more than 10 days after this ads to: HRDPTCITRA ENERGY DEVELOPMENT Wisman Emha Jln. Wijaya I No. 11 A, Kebayoran Baru, Jakarta Selatan 12170 Fax no. 021-7207978 e-mail address: mitraenergy(5),cbn.net.id only short listed candidates will be notified 33. What is the text about? A. WismaEmha. B. A job vacancy. , C. A senior scretary. D. An application letter. E PTCitra Energy Development. 34. The following are the requirements asked EXCEPT.... A. Five years experience. B. Able to operate a computer. C. Able to speak and write in English. D. A graduate from a reputable university. E Application letter should be sent ten days after this ads. This text is for questions 35 to 37. Petroleum products, such as gasoline, Kerosene, home heating oil, residual fuel oil and lubricating oils, come from one source. Crude oil is found below the earth surface, as well as under large bodies of water, from a few hundred feet below the surface to as deep as 25.000 feet into the earth interior. Crude oil is obtained by drilling a hole through the earth, but sometimes more dry holes are drilled than those producing oil. Pressure at the source, or pumping, forces the crude oil to the surface. Crude oil wells flow at varying rates, from ten to thou-, sands of baarrels per hour. Petroleum products vary greatly in physical appearance: thin, thick, transparent, or opaque. Their chemical compositions are made up of only two elements: carbon and hydrogen, which form compounds called hydrocarbons. Other chemical element found in the union with the hydrocarbons are few and are classified as impurities. Trace elements are also found, but these are of such minute quantities that they are disregarded. The various petroleum products are refined from the crude oil by heating and condensing the vapors of crude oil. These products are calld light oils such as gasoline, kerosene and distillate coil. 35. The best title of the text is.... A. Petroleum Products. B. Crude Oil Products. C. Petroleum Processing. D. Processing Petroleum Products.
E Petroleum Chemical Compositing. 36. ..., but these are of such minute quantities." (Paragraph 2) The antonym of the underlined word is.... A. big C. broad E apparent B. wide D. plain 37. The second paragrap his mainly about.... A. the products of crude oil B. the elements of crude oil C. the impurities of crude oil D. the physical appearance of crude oil E. the chemical compositions of crude oil “
This text is for questions 38 to 40 Breaking and Entering is an unusual film. Will and Sandy are two architects working on a major urban renewal project in the King's Cross section in London. The area is unsafe and ready for such a project. Will and Sandy move their offices into a nearby vacant warehouse. Will has to deal with constant burglaries at his new office. One night, he saw Miro trying to break into the building. He chased Miro to his run down apartement block and watched him return home to his mother, Amira, a Bosnian immigrant who makes a living tailoring clothes. Soon, Will 'meet' Amira and they begin an affair. And Amira learns that Will holds the key of her son's future. How far will this mother go to protect her son? Breaking and Entering is a very interesting film, but it is almost entirely character driven. This is not a bad thing although in the film we are exposed to a story or action driven. Anthony Minghella, the director, creats some of the most believable interesting characters these actors have ever played. It is almost painful to watch them on their journey. Each of the characters makes decisions affecting how their lives will playout, or change and these decisions i tions affect the story. The characters aren't reacting! story. They are changing it. 38. The text is mainly about.... A. a review of a new film, Breaking andEnte, B. the process in making the new film, Breaking Entering C. an amusing story dealing with experience in diferent ways D. an account of an unusual or amusing incid told by the film E the description how the film is accomp through a series of steps 39. "Will and Sandy move their offices into a nearby vacant warehouse." (Paragraph 1) The antonym of the underlined word is.... A. empty D. occupied B. fulfilled E. luxurious C. covered 40. Which of the following statements is NOT ' acording to the text? A. Miro is one of the burglars who tried to break! Will's new office. B. Wi 11 has to deal with constant burglaries at his Ioffice. C. Miro is Amira's son, Bosnian immigrant who makes a living by tailoring clothes. D. the area where the two architects work is I and ready for a renewal project. E Minghella, the critic, creates some of the most teresting characthers the actors have ever play The text is for questions 41 to 44 Nuclear power is generated by using uranium, which i a metal mined in various parts of the world. The first la scale nuclear power station was opened at Calder Hall I Cumbria, England, in 1956. Some military ships and submarines have nuclear pov plant for engines. Nuclear power produces around 11% oil the world's energy needed, and produces huge amounts < energy. It causes no pollution as yoti'd get when burning| fossil fuels. The advantages of nuclear are as follows: 1. It costs about the same as coal, so it's not expensive to 1 make.
2. It doesn't produce smoke or carbon dioxide, so it doesn't i contribute to the greenhouse effect. 3. It produces huge amounts of energy from small amount of uranium. 4. It produces small amounts of waste. 5. It is reliable. On the other hand, nuclear power is very, very dangerous. It must be sealed up and buried for many years to allow the radioactivity to die away. Furthermore, although it is reliable, a lot of money has to be spent on safety because if it does go wrong, a nuclear accident can be a major disaster. People are increasingly concerned about this. In the O's nuclear power was the fastest growing sources of er in many parts of the world. In 2005, it was the 2nd owest growing. 41. The text discusses .... A. nuclear in general B. nuclear biggest station C. the danger of radioactive D. the disadvantages of nuclear power E the advantages and disadvantages of nuclear power 42. The opposite of dangerous is.... (Paragraph 4) A. vile C. tiny E safe B. dull D. calm 43. Why is nuclear power very dangerous? Because.... A. its radioactivity lasts long B. uranium is renewable C. it is reliable D. it is cheap E it is safe |44. Which statement is TRUE about nuclear? A. It is reliable. B. It is costly to make. C. It causes air pollution. D. It affects the greenhouse. E. It produces small amounts of energy. This text is for questions 45 to 47. Last week I took my five-year old son, Willy, to a musi-al instrument store in my hometown. I wanted to buy him a Iset of junior drum because his drum teacher advised me to Buy him one. Will likes listeningto music very much. He also pikes asking me everything he wants to know. Even his quests sometimes seem precocious for a boy of his age. He is ' inquisitive. We went there by car. On the way, we saw a policeman nding near a traffic light regulating the passing cars and r vehicles. He blew his whistle now and then. , Seeing the policeman blowing his whistle, Willy asked tonce, "Dad, why is the po//ceman ustig a whJstie aot Hearing his unexpected quest/on I answered reluctantly,”Because he is not Phil Collins!” 45. What does the text talk about? A. Willy and is new drum. B. Phil Collins and his drum. C. A policeman and his whistle. D. Willy's drum private teacher. E. The writer’s five-years old son 46. From the text above we know that Willy is a/an... boy. A. smart C. stupid E annoying B. funny D. childish 47. Which sentence makes the text a funny story? A. He is very inquisitive. B. ''Because he is not Phil Collins". C. He blew his whistle now and then. D. He also likes asking me everything he wants to know.
E "Dad, why is the policeman using a whistle not a drum?" This text is for questions 48 to 50. PHILIPPINES: At least nine people were killed and dozens were injured when the Philippines security forces clashed with dozens of slum dwellers who resisted the tearing down of their homes in the northern province, a police commander said Tuesday. Raul gonzales the police chief in the northern Cordillera, said , that the soldiers and police officers traded gunfire with dozens of people who are illegally occupying the private land in Kalinga province. "Or team was ambushed on their way to the community to be demolished,", said Gonzales. He added that the security only defended themselves after the residents dug foxholes and opened fire with automatic rifles. "Nine people were killed and dozens were wounded, including 10 police officers during almost 10 hours of fighting. We even had to evacuate some of our officers who needed surgery to get the bullets from their bodies." -Reuters 48. What is the passage about? A. an illegal gunfire trade. B. A demolition of illegal slum dwellers. C. A fight between the police officers and the soldiers. D. A clash between the security forces and the slum dwellers. E A clash between the police officers and the security officer. 49. The clash happened because .... A. illegal slum dwellers resisted the demolition of their homes. B. the police officers and soldiers shot the dwe/Jers. C. nine people were killed by the security forces. D. the police officers firing the dwellers. E the people dwelled on private land. 50. Raul Gonzales said that.... A. ten police officers had to be evacuated. B. ten police officers were killed in the fighting. C. ten police officers were injured during the fighting. D. some of the wounded people needed surgery. E more than ten police officers were killed and injured in the fighting.
PEMBAHASAN DAN JAWAB AN UN SMA/MA - B AHAS AINGGRIS TAHUN PELAJARAN 2007/2008
1. Pria menanyakan apa yang terjadi dengan Rina dan jawabannya "She cut herself quite badly". Option B, C, D dan E tidak relevan dengan pertanyaan. Jawaban: A 2. Pertanyaannya apa yang akan dilakukan pria dan jawabannya melihat "a book fair". Pria mengajak wanita untuk pergi ke a book fair tapi wanita menolak karena banyak pekerjaan. Option A, C, D dan E tidak relevan dengan pertanyaan. Jawaban: B . 3. Pria ingin meminjam novel karena sangat menarik tapi wanita belum selesai membacanya. Pertanyaannya apa yag akan dilakukan pria. Option A, C, D dan E tidak menjawab pertanyaan. Jawaban: B 4. Pria bertanya ke wanita apa yang dilakukan dan wanita menjawab mau membeli aspirin, tentu tempatnya di toko
obat (Pharmacistis). Pertanyaannya tempat terjadi percakapan. Gambar 1(A), 3(C), 4(D) dan 5(E) bukan tempat untuk membeli obat. Jawaban: B 5. Pertanyaannya adalah gambar yang mana meminjuk-kan tempat wanita bekerja. Dalam percakapan dinyatakan bahwa wanita bekerja di Department Store. Gambar 1,2,3, dan 4 bukanlah Department Store. Jawaban: E 6. Pria mengatakan kepada wanita bahwa malam sebelum-nya dia menelepon tapi tidak ada yang mengangkat. Wanita merespon dengan minta maaf, mungkin dia sedang tidur. Jawaban: A 7. Pria mengatakan bahwa dia punya masalah dengan komputernya karena tidak bisa dinyalakan dan wanita menawarkan bantuan dengan mengatakan "May I help you?" Jawaban: D 8. Wanita mengeluhkan bahwa dia kurang sehat tapi hams menyelesaikan beberapa dokumen dan pria meresponnya engan menyarankan agar wanita itu beristirahat. Jawaban: C 9. Percakapan pria dan wanita tentang kemana mereka akan pergi makan. Pria menanyakan apakah mereka pergi ke restoran Jepang atau Amerika. Wanita merespon dengan menanyakan makanan kesukaan pria. Jawaban: C 10. Seorang anak mengatakan kepada ibunya bahwa dia telah dipromosikan menjadi seorang manager dan ibunya merespon dengan mengucapkan: "I am proud of you". Jawaban: B 11. Monolog ini menceritakan sebuah kejadian) lazim dimana seekor anjing menembak Pertanyaannya adalah apa yang terdapat dali tersebut. Jawaban: C 12. Pertanyaannya apa nama anjing yang telah i majikannya. Jawaban: D 13. Monolog singkat tentang kota Jakarta. Peri mengapa Jakarta rawan banj ir? Jawaban: C 14. Monolog di atas menceritakan tentang anjingj James. Walaupun Mugs sudah mati dia penggantinya yang diberi nama Browny. Jawaban: A 15. Pertanyaan menanyakan nama tukang san option A — Andre adalah tukang cuci B - Mu anjing James yang sudah mati, C - James namaj anjing dan D - nama anjing James yang baru. Jawaban: E 16. Option A - rich,- option B - young, option C -) dan option E - handsome terdapat dalam teks| paragraf 1, sedangkan option D - gloomy yang i murung tidak ada pada teks. Jawaban: D 17. Option A - The queen was the most ... tidak te dalam teks karena yang tercantum dalam teks i •who liked to be thought yang artinya senang dia sebagai powerful Queen in Arabia. Option B Queen was very proud tidak terdapat dalam teks. ( C - The Queen tidak meladeni sendiri para Sheik menyuruh pelayannya Option E— The Queen was very satisfied .... TS mungkin, karena Sheik yang pertama memberi ma sisa dan Sheik yang kedua memberi makanan yangt mengundang selera. Jawaban: D 18. Option A - to entertain Option B - to test the Sheiks' taste Option D— to make a joke Option E - to repay semuany a tidak terdapat dalam t karena tujuan the Queen adalah memilih seseorang5 akan dijadikan suami yang baik. Dengan memb makanan yang sama dengan yang diterimanya dari f| Sheiks maka the Queen ingin melihat reaksi para tl Sheik. Jawaban: C
19. Pada paragraf 6 ada kalimat yang mengatakan "So it Hakim I will marry " yang artinya adalah Hakim adal pilihan yang tepat untuk dijadikan suami. Option B, C, D dan E tidak ditemukan di paragraf 6. Jawaban: E 20. Canals merupakan jalur transportasi air. Alasan dalam itkan fungsi utama dari canals yaitu toconnet Jawaban: C 21. Apa yang terdapat pada option A, B, C dan D bukan ama dari dibuatnya Canals. Option A- To connect... ada pada paragraf 1. Jawaban: E 22. Paragraf 1 "They connect..., tidak ditemukan bahwa : bahwa cannals juga menghubungkan sungai lautan. SA, B, C, dan E adalah dalam teks sedangkan yang lyang tidak ada dalam teks. Jawaban: D 23. Straight yang berarti lurus lawan katanya adalah berlikut berkelok-kelok. Option A- flat berarti datar Option B - rough berarti kasar Option C - bumpy berarti bergelombang Option D - indirect berarti tidak langsung Jawaban: E 24. Isi pengumuman tentang akan diadakan competisi debat di sekolahn . Option A, B, D dan E tidak relevan dengan pertanyaan. Jawaban: C 25. Debat adalah adu argumen secara langsung. Option A-tidak disebutkan apakah debat dalam bahasa inggris atau bukan. Option C - debat bukan lah writen competition. Option D - tidak disebutkan jam berapa dilaksanakan tersebut. Option E-debat diadakantgl. 10-12 berarti 3 hari. Jawaban: B 26. Keterangan lebih lanjut terdapat pada paragraph 1. Jawaban: B 27. …special aerial roots and salt — filtering tap roots .... menunjukkan bahwa mangrove tree membutuh-kan salt to grow. Jawaban: A 28. Mangrove tree membutuhkan salt walau tidak sebanyak > ada di laut. Untuk itu mangrove tree mempunyai salt filtering tap root untuk menyaring agar tidak ndapatkan salt terlalu banyak. Jawaban: E 29. Paragraf 1 menyatakan ... what your kids are watching |dan ... you have to try to protect them, fccm dimaksudkan adalah "your kids ". Option A- The program shown on TV. Dalam teks tidak ahas tentang program TV. Option B - Watching TV is disadvantageous. Makna yang tersirat dalam teks tidak melarang anakanak penonton TV tapi membatasi waktu menonton dan enyeleksi program yang cocok untuk mereka. Option D - Revie ... Pada hal teks tidak menjelaskan hwa rating TV itu penting. Option E - The importance ..., tidak ditegaskan lebih lanjut. Jawaban: C 30. Option A, C, D dan E menyatakan dampak dari sering menonton TV yang terdapat dalam paragraf 2 dan 3. Jawaban: B 31. Terdapat pada paragraf 3 yang menyatakan adanya hubungan sebab-akibat untuk anak-anak yang banyak menonton TV. Option A, B, C dan D bertentangan dengan tips untuk orang tua agar bisa melindungi putra-
putrinya dari dampak buruk karena terlalu banyak menonton TV. Jawaban: E 32. Penjelas lebih lanjut terdapat pada paragraf 2. Option A, B, C dan E tidak relevan dengan kalimat yang sebelumnya. (It is hard....) Jawaban: D 33. Teks di atas tentang lowongan pekerjaan di sebuah perusahaan. Jawaban: B 34. Option A, B, C, dan D merupakan persyaratan untuk bisa melamar pekerjaan dalam iklan di atas. Sedangkan option E bukan merupakan syarat tapi batas waktu mengirimkan surat lamaran. Jawaban: E 35. Pada setiap paragraf ditemukan kata Petroleum Producks yang berarti teks ini berbicara tentang produk dari Petroleum. Option B - hanya tentang crue oil saja. Option C - tentang proses. Option D - tentang proses. Option E—tentang-komposisi kimia yang terdapat dalam Petroleum. Jawaban: A 36. Minute quantities berarti jumlah yang kecil maka arti' kata minute di sini adalah kecil (small). Lawan katasma/l adalah big. Option B - wide berarti lebar Option C - broad berarti lebar atau besar. Option D — plan berarti datar. Opton E - apparent berarti nyata atau jelas kelihatan. Jawaban: A 37. ... vary greatly in physical appearance .... Option A — the product of crude oil terdapat pada ; paragraf1. Option B dan E agak tersamar antara the elements of crude oil dengan chemical compositions. Option C - the impurities of crude oil yang artinya ampas dari crude oil. Jawaban: D 38. Teks d,i atas tentang ulasan sebuah film berjudul Breaking and Entering Option B, C, D dan E tidak relevan dengan pertanyaan. Jawaban: A 39. Occupied artinya dihuni yang merupakan kebalikan dari kata vacant yang berarti kosong. Jawaban: D 40. Minghella bukan seorang kritikus tapi dia seorang sutradara. Option A, B, C dan D terdapat dalam teks sedangkan yang diminta yang tidak betul berdasarkan teks. Jawaban: E 41. Option E - menyatakan manfaat dan bahaya dari nuklir. Dalam teks kita bisa menemukan informasi yang tersurat tentang manfaat dan bahaya dari nuklir. Jawaban: E 42. Safe yang berarti aman adalah lawan kata dangerous yang berarti berbahaya. Jawaban: E 43. Alasannya karena option B, C, D dan E tidak relevan dengan pertanyaan. Jawaban: A 44. Option B, C, D dan E bertentangan dengan isi teks. Jawaban: A 45. Teks ini menceritakan tentang anak laki-laki penulis yang berumur 5 tahun. Option A, B, C dan D tidak dibahas secara detail dalam teks. Jawaban: E 46. Willy adalah seorang anak laki-laki yang sangat cerdas dan ingin mengetahui banyak hal.
Jawaban: A 47. Pertanyaan Willy tentang mengapa polish pluit bukan drum sangat lucu kedeng sangat menyukai drum jadi dia berpikir s memainkan drum mengapa polisi tidak. Jawaban: E 48. Teks di atas menceritakan tentang kontak s petugas keamanan dengan penduduk dari c yang tidak mau pemukimannya dibongkar. Option A, B, C, dan E tidak relevan dengan pertanyaan. Jawaban: D 49. Option A merupakan alasan kenapa terjadi I dengan petugas keamanan setempat. Option B, C, D dan E tidak relevan dengan pertanyaan. Jawaban: A 50. Option C, merupakan jawaban dari pertanyaan lebih jelas lagi lihat paragraf terakhir. Jawaban: C